“Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.”(Gen2:18 AMPC)
But before we ask the Lord, in your own mind, what do you think marriage is? Discuss.
Let’s get the thoughts of others:
Someone said, “marriage is the legally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship.” Wikipedia says, “marriage, also called matrimony or wedlock, is a socially or mutually recognized union between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws.”
My definition is, “marriage is a relationship organized, directed and led by God through the power of the Holy Spirit, working within the believers, and sometimes through others, where a man and woman (Male & Female) Gen.1:26-17, having been prepared spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially (developing/or developed) finds a partner whom both are united in holy matrimony by the church or member of the clergy.”
- Marriage occurs when someone can truly understand and be able to speak the language of love as revealed in 1 Corinthians 13.
- Marriage is for better or for worse. Most marriages are based on infatuation, not on reality.
- Marriage is when a couple’s deficiencies and efficiencies, weaknesses, and strengths, are revealed by the other.
- Marriage is when one can separate him/herself from all others to cling unto the partner forever.
- Marriage is the indivisible, united, joined, and cemented spirit, soul, and body of two people, as they become ONE.
- Marriage is an unselfish and undying love for each other.
- Marriage is when Jesus is in the midst or at the center.
- Marriage is when all the beauty, money, and worldly possessions fade away, and it is just two of you.